I suppose this was originally intended as a joke, but the more I sit here and read it the more I realize it is really "right on" correct.
give them this. They can then pick their reasons from this "TOP 12
1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of
4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same
gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a
better job of spending the money I earn than I would so I want to pay more taxes.
3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as
nobody is offended by it.
4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a
gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from
murderers and thieves.
5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell
us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will
melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of
babies being born out of wedlock, marriage is only important for gays.
7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right
to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.
8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not
be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and
give the rest away to the government for redistribution as my Party's Members in Congress see fit.
9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to
rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who
would never get their agendas past the voters.
10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay
billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own
because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.
11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most
wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".
12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my
butt, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.