Thursday, December 22, 2011

This is What Hunting is All About

While I no longer hunt as much as I used to (getting on in years will do that to you), I ran across this column and I thought it was right on. While I have never heard of a hunter insisting that people should take up shooting or hunting, there are many people on the other side that are vehemently attempting to end shooting, hunting, and gun ownership. If you don't want to participate that is your option and I will do nothing to interfere with your right, but I also expect those on the other side to respect my rights and to basically "sit down and shut up". Too many people today have no idea where food comes from. In the past, a lot more people grew up on farms or worked on them. They knew that food does not come in Styrofoam packages at the grocery store. I remember reading once that a woman who was opposed to hunting, said that "animals should not be killed, people should go to a supermarket and buy the meat that was made there". I kid you not!
http://www.americanhunter.org/articles/six-reasons-everyone-should-hunt/

No comments:

Post a Comment