Friday, November 5, 2010

Letter to Congressman Chris Murphy

Dear Congressman Murphy,
      Congratulations on your win. Below is a letter I had planned on sending to Sam Caligiuri when he won the election. Obviously, I was wrong, but since all your campaign ads talked about working with the Republicans, now is your chance.
      Since your big government, liberal agenda has been thoroughly rejected across the country, I would like to know which items listed in the letter you are willing to support and which you oppose.


" Dear Congressman elect Sam Caligiuri,
    First of all, let me congratulate you on your win over Chris Murphy. You have no idea how glad I am he is gone. We need no more of his big government elitism.
    You were elected in a “wave” election that shows that “We the People” want a change in Washington and a total reversal of recent policies. We want to get back to limited Constitutional government.
    Since I have fought hard to defeat Chris Murphy, I have listed below a list of things I would like to see come out of Congress next year. I understand that you are only 1 out of 435, but we have to start somewhere.

1. Repeal Obamacare, if that doesn’t work, starve it so it
   never gets established until 2012 when we can elect a
   Republican President and repeal it.

2. Same thing with the Financial Reform legislation.

3. Ban ALL earmarks

4. Privatize at least part of Social Security and raise the
   retirement age for younger people to 70, and raise the
   age for taking early Social Security and lower the
   benefits for those that do, unless they are disabled.

5. Institute a voucher system for Medicare recipients so
   they can shop for their own insurance in the free market.

6. Institute Tort reform

7. Pass the “Enumerated Powers Act”

8. Pass a balanced budget amendment.

9. Prevent the EPA from instituting “Cap and Trade” through
   regulation.

10. Pass a Term Limit Amendment

11. No taking of 401K accounts or private pension accounts
      by the Government, to roll them into the Social Security fund.

12. No “Card Check”

13. Pass "handgun permit reciprocity among the States"
      legislation.

    I am a Senior citizen (68 years old) and I am on Social Security and Medicare. I author a blog (http://quint-essentialconservativeramblings.blogspot.com/, love to write letters to the Editor, and love to call my Congressman and yell, holler, and scream if he‘s doing something I don‘t like. I run my own business, North Forty Pest Control. If you are ever in the area, I would love to get together with you, discuss the issues, and I’ll buy the coffee."
                                                                                           Sincerely,

                                                                                          Jon Quint
 

1 comment:

  1. Why would any thinking person support any of these horrendous proposals?

    ReplyDelete