Monday, January 25, 2010

Replies to Comments Section of My "Letter to the Editor" Post.

To Anonymous - Typical, if you can't argue the issues, hide behind anonymity, and resort to the politics of personal destruction.

To Austin - I know where my base is, and this country can't get back to it soon enough for me.

To Steve - I am a person who believes that the Constitution is the ultimate law of the land, and it says nothing about providing health care, and the government has gotten far away from the Constitution in a whole lot of areas. No, the government should not be involved in providing any health care, other than the VA, which is a entirely different story. That provides services to men and women who have put their life on the line to protect the Constitution and our freedom. They deserve it as our way of saying , "Thanks"! The VA would be much more efficient and provide better care if it was run by the private sector. Take a good look at the VA bureaucracy and you see what you will get with Government run Health care. The average citizen doesn't deserve government medical care just because they are here. I am on Medicare, but I don't believe in it. Then why am I on it? I paid into it because the government mandated that I do (I want my money back), and if I don't have it, I CAN'T GET medical treatment because the government mandates that doctors can't accept cash for Medicare covered treatments. They HAVE to take Medicare. So the Government has made it mandatory that I take a government program, I don't have a choice, just like the proposed legislation mandates that you buy insurance, if you don't, you pay a fine, if you don't, you go to jail. That is not the America I grew up in. If the government got out of medicine entirely and opened it up to total free market competition, costs would plummet, just like they do in any free area of the economy. The government NEVER makes anything cheaper or more efficient than the private sector does.
Personally, I am pro-life, and while I believe Roe vs. Wade was a horrible decision (10th Amendment). The choice of whether a women has an abortion is between her and her doctor. The government should keep it's nose out of it either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment