Thursday, October 29, 2009

Your tax dollars at work!

If you have been watching television lately, you have probably seen the SafeLink.com commercials. Those poor people. They can't afford a cell phone, so what are they going to do if they have a crisis away from their home?
Enter your friendly neighborhood Federal government. They'll help you out! They'll take our tax dollars and subsidize a free cell phone for them, with 70 free minutes that roll over every month. I run a business, and I only use about 60 minutes a month on my cell phone, and I pay for it out of my own pocket. Now why do you need 70 minutes in case you have an emergency? I have no problem doing this for down and out people, if the phones are equipped to call 911 only. That solves the emergency problem, and prevents the phones from being used to talk to boyfriend/girl friend, coordinate drug deals, plan crimes, etc. If you think that isn't going to happen, then you are living in the land of Oz. I called Senator Dodd and Lieberman's offices yesterday, along with Congressman Murphy's office. I called them to complain about this program, and the staff people that I talked to said they were not aware of the program. Now, since the program exists, that means they were either lying through their teeth, don't watch TV,  or it was in the Stimulus bill and they didn't read it before they voted for it, which seems to be happening a lot in Washington these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment