Saturday, April 11, 2009

One of My Letters to the Editor

Given the choice, he would much rather die than diet.

One of the evening news shows reported last week that red meat is not good for me. I've heard this before. I don't like sprouts; lettuce is OK, but I wouldn't want to make a career out of it. I'm not crazy for most fish, either.
I have a serious question: How did the human race survive to this point by having everything that is bad for you taste so good while the stuff that is good for you for the most part tastes terrible? I eat a lot of red meat and animal fat, and don't eat a lot of fruit, and have one helping of vegetables with my dinner. I also love real gooey sweets. Occasionally, I'll have some lettuce and tomato on my sandwich for lunch, but it usually goes with roast beef, ham, spam or something similar.
I go to my doctor once a year for a physical. I'm in my 60's and in great health. I've had a stress test, and my heart is fine. As I tell my doctor, "I'll be darned if I'm going to start eating stuff I don't like, so I can live 10 years longer eating stuff I don't like."
I'll eat what I want, and to you media elites and liberal do-gooders, just shut up and leave me alone. It is none of your business what I or anyone else eats, and I will not listen to you. I will continue to eat stuff I like. If I die a few years early, how will anyone know whether my diet had anything to do with it?

Jon Quint

Woodbury

No comments:

Post a Comment