Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Camelot

Does anyone remember or have you heard of the quote from President Kennedy's Inaugural address in 1961? He said, "Ask not what your Country can do for you, ask what you can do for your Country".
Now unless I am incorrect, JFK is a Democrat God, I mean we had Jack, Jackie, John Jr., and Caroline, and don't forget Camelot. My God, the world couldn't get any better.
Well, coming out of the late fifties the economy was in recession. What did President Kennedy do? A massive stimulus government spending program? Government bailout of banks and major corporations? Help for homeowners who might lose their homes?
None of the above!! He cut business and personal income taxes, and guess what happened? The economy started to boom almost immediately. Why do we need massive government spending today? Why don't we cut taxes? Because we need to create as many people as possible who are beholden to the government, so they will become Democrat voters.
I am afraid that we are rapidly becoming a country where most of the people get out of bed every day and look to Washington, D.C. and ask "what are you going to do for me today"?
JFK is spinning in his grave. Whatever became of individualism, being responsible for yourself, morality, entrepreneurism, and the "we can do it" attitude that made this country great. The quote today is "Ask not what I can do for my country, ask what my country can do for me".

No comments:

Post a Comment